Monday, July 6, 2009

Pauly Fly Fishing the Muskegon...

To paint this, I used a photo from my friends at “Up North Getaway” http://www.upnorthgetaway.com/ Thanks Trever & Pauly – it’s the best picture of a fly fisherman I’ve ever seen and I loved painting it! I’m happy to say, this painting now belongs to Pauly (the fisherman in the water) & his lovely wife.

The Muskegon River is a river in the western portion of the lower peninsula of Michigan. The river has it’s headwaters in Houghton Lake. It flows to Muskegon, Michigan, where it empties into Muskegon Lake. Muskegon Lake is connected to Lake Michigan via a mile-long channel. In recent years, the river has gained a certain measure of fame as a recreational fishery, boasting large migratory steelhead, brown trout and salmon.
(24X30, oil & cold wax on canvas)

No comments:

Post a Comment